The power of belief
True belief can make you sail through difficult times in your life.
Was recently watching a Ted X talk of one of my coaching batchmates were he had mentioned Tirupati...Took me back to my own childhood , when I used to visit Tirupathi with my grandparents /parents atleast 2 or 3 times in a year. My childhood is filled with memories of tons of such pilgrimages and countless visits to temples. Looking back now I feel truly blessed for having had that opportunity in my childhood.
My faith in this particular God, Tirupathi Balaji was so high as a child, that I had insisted on donating my hair to God to cure some skin rash that I had developed suddenly on my hands. My parents had taken me to a lot of doctors who weren't sure how to cure or help me. Later when I visited Tirupathi for one of my cousin's tonsure ceremony ( shaving hair and donating it to God) is when I got a strong feeling that even if I did it , God would cure me .
I was maybe 4 years old at that time. Elders around and my cousins had tried to convince me not to tonsure my hair as I would feel odd to go to school like that. But I vividly remember how insistent I was about my cure and got it done. I said I didn't care if anyone made fun of my bald head
Much to everyone's surprise , by the time I returned from Tirupathi I was cured of my skin rashes. No medical explanation but my faith in God had cured me.
So why am I sharing this story with you here today ? To remind you about the power of praying - no matter which faith , religion or god - Having that anchor and sense of salvation can keep us going through our darkest moments and lead us out of despair.
Also another thing that I learnt during my coaching experience is the power of our own beliefs- it can rewire the neural pathways in our brain and transform our lives or destroy it.
We have that power within us - everyone of us ...Are you using that power to carve out the life you really want ?
PS: I was always curious what happens to all that hair that is donated at Tirupati....googled it today. Apparently it is cleaned and stored in a warehouse !

Comments